Six of the 11 new traffic cameras being installed around the city of New Orleans will be placed on busy Uptown thoroughfares, officials announced last week.
The new locations were primarily chosen because of their proximity to school zones and will activate March 12, city officials said. They include:
- Eastbound Camp Street at International School of Louisiana
- Eastbound and westbound Freret Street at former Audubon Primary Academy site (the building that now houses Company Burger, Freret Street Yoga and Anytime Fitness)
- Northbound and southbound Jackson Avenue at Sci Tech Academy
- Westbound Annunciation Street and Second Street at Clay Square Park
- Northbound and southbound Carrollton Avenue at KIPP Believe School
- Eastbound and westbound Prytania Street at Louise McGehee School
Other changes to the traffic program include raising the cameras’ threshold to 10 mph over the limit outside school zones, increasing the length of school-zone hours, moving the appeals process and raising the speed limit on Jackson Avenue. A full description of the changes is available at the city’s website.