On Thursday, June 22, LCIA is hosting a workshop for the construction industry, “Opportunities for Contractors in Stormwater Management.” The event will be co-hosted by the Urban Conservancy and StayLocal. The issue of stormwater management—what we do with rainwater when it hits the ground—is an important issue in New Orleans.
During the day-long class, attendees will learn about:
- The history of stormwater management in New Orleans
- The paradigm shift toward green infrastructure and new building practices
- New city ordinances and codes that require water management to be considered on new construction
- Available building materials and products that are used in green infrastructure
- The increasing demand for green infrastructure