Uptown is blessed with many excellent restaurants. The sudden closure of their dining rooms is necessary for public health but will be hard on the talented and hard-working staff of these establishments.
Luckily, we don’t have to deprive ourselves of the food we’ve grown to love and depend on during our confinement. Many of our local restaurants are offering to-go and delivery options with precautions for social distancing.
Below is a list of Uptown eateries and other businesses with information on which are delivering, which are offering take-out and which have decided to close for a while — plus information to help you treat yourself while giving your neighborhood restaurants a needed boost. Most of the information was culled the restaurant websites and Facebook pages. We’ll be updating it regularly, but be warned it’s still subject to change. If your favorite restaurant is missing, let us know in the comments section. [Last update: March 24]
And don’t forget — tip as generously as you can.
- Breads on Oak, 7640 Oak Street, (504) 324-8271.
Open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Takeout only.
- Coquette, 2800 Magazine St., 504-265-0421
Place orders from 2 to 6:45 p.m., pickup from 4 to 7 p.m.
Limited menu posted on Facebook and Instagram by 1 p.m. daily
- Creole Creamery, 924 Prytania St., 504-894-8680.
Open noon to 7 p.m. Takeout only. Line forms outside.
- Crêpes à la Cart, 1039 Broadway St., 504-866-2362.
Call or order online. Take out or delivery Monday though Friday from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Delivery only after 9 p.m. until at least midnight.
d4 Tabletop Gaming Café, 8228 Oak St., 504-218-7466.
Serving take-out food and selling board games, role-playing games, Magic the Gathering and accessories.
- Del Fuego Taqueria, 4518 Magazine St., 504-309-5797.
Open Tuesday-Saturday, 2 to 8 p.m. Takeout only.
See menu online. It changes daily.
- Felipe’s, 6215 S. Miro St., 504-309-2776.
Open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mid-City and French Quarter locations open as well. Takeout and curbside pick-up available.
- Gracious Bakery, 4930 Prytania St., 504-301-3709.
Order online here. All orders must be placed between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. for next-day pickup. Pickup is between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. at 4930 Prytania St. only. Limited delivery is offered between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Menu will change daily.
- Guy’s Poboys, 5259 Magazine St., 504-891-5025.
Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (or until the bread runs out)
- High Hat, 4500 Freret St., 504-754-1336.
Takeout from noon to 7 p.m.
- Lula Restaurant & Distillery, 1532 St. Charles Ave., 504-267-7624.
11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Curbside family meals available daily from 4 to 7 p.m. Hand-sanitizer from the CDC recipe available.
- Maple Street Patisserie, 7638 Maple Street, 504-304-1526.
Open 7:30 a.m. to noon.
- Martin Wine Cellar, Baronne Street, 504-894-7444.
Order by phone or online. Deli open and a la carte meals, with curbside pickup available.
- Midway Pizza, 4725 Freret St., 504-322-2815. 3 to 9 p.m. Take-out and delivery. See Facebook.
- Molly’s Rise and Shine, 2368 Magazine St., 504-302-1896.
Order and pay by phone. Curb-side delivery; if you arrive by car, stay in it and call.
- Nirvana Indian Cuisine, 4308 Magazine St., 504-894-9797.
Take-out or delivery. Daily combo specials. Discounted beer and wine.
- Patois, 6078 Laurel St., 895-9441.
Reworking menu for March 25 reopening. Order placement 1 p.m. to sold out, pickup between 5 and 7 p.m.
- Pizza Domenica, 4933 Magazine St., 504-301-4978.
Call or go to website to order, or get delivery via UberEats. Half-off pizzas for happy hour 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on orders that are called in. Frozen pizzas plus family style salads and sides added to the usual to-go menu.
Reginelli’s Uptown, 5961 Magazine St. (at State Street), 504-899-1414.
11 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Delivery for Uptown and Garden District and curbside pick up. Call or order online.
- Riccobono’s Panola Street Cafe, 7801 Panola St., 504-314-1810.
7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Order by phone for take-out. Come to the bar to pick up or call when you arrive and they will bring it out to you.
- Sarita’s Grill Latin Fusion, 4520 Freret St., 504-324-3562.
Takeout only, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Shaya, 4213 Magazine St., 504-891-4213.
Call or order online for takeout. Delivery via UberEats
- Slim Goodies Diner, 3322 Magazine St., 504-891-3447.
Open daily 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Take-out, curbside and delivery through Ubereats, Postmates and Waitr. Full menu available.
Sukho Thai, 4519 Magazine St., 504-373-6471.
Regular hours for lunch and dinner. Take-out, and free delivery from in-house staff. Also delivery on Waitr.
- Taceaux Loceaux, 737 Octavia St., 504-336-3656.
Open for delivery and take-out. The truck will be out as well. Check Instagram (@taceauxloceaux) as the truck won’t be at the usual locations outside bars.
- Tartine, 7217 Perrier St., 504-866-4860.
Open for takeout with $40 heat-and-serve dinners for five, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Turkey and the Wolf, 739 Jackson Ave., 504-218-7428.
Open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Curb-side delivery encouraged; order and pay by phone. [via Facebook]
- Z’otz Cafe, 8210 Oak St., 504-861-2224.
8 a.m.-3 p.m. all week. Pastries and cold brewed iced coffee and tea to go.
- Ancora Pizzeria & Salumeria, closed as of March 21, until further notice.
- Barracuda, 984 Tchoupitoulas St. Temporarily closed
- Cavan, 3607 Magazine St.
All LeBlanc+Smith restaurants and bars are temporarily closed effective Monday (March 16). Patrons are asked to buy gift cards on the website; 75% of proceeds will go to affected employees.
- Commander’s Palace, 1403 Washington Ave.
Announced a two-week pause on March 23. Patrons are urged to contribute to employee relief fund.
- Green Tea, 3001 Napoleon Ave. Closed March 18 until further notice
- Gris Gris, 1800 Magazine St. Closing its doors for the duration of the pandemic, emptying its fridge feeding health care workers and first-responders.
- Juan’s Flying Burrito, 5538 Magazine St., 504-897-4800. Closed until further notice.
- La Boulangerie Bakery and Café, 4600 Magazine St., 504-269-3777. Closed temporarily as of March 28. (via Facebook)
- McClure’s at NOLA Brewery, 3001 Tchoupitoulas St. Taking a break. See Facebook or Instagram for updates.
- Snake and Jake’s Christmas Club Lounge, closed as of March 21 until further notice. Virtual tip jar for bartenders on Venmo: @Andrew-Ledford-504
- Theo’s Neighborhood Pizza, 4218 Magazine St. Taking a pause.
- Tru Burger, Oak Street: closed as of March 21 (according to sign in window).
A RESOURCE FOR RESTAURANTS
Open4Bizla.com is a new menu platform that let’s customers find and order from open restaurants. It was launched Thursday (March 19) with more than 100 restaurants.
Open4Bizla.com utilizes Zapp.Guru, a menu platform that allows restaurants to easily update their menus. Louisiana restaurants can sign up for the free service by emailing email@example.com.
The site was developed pro-bono by the Osterfeld Agency and Ellie Rand Public Relations, two
Louisiana-based marketing firms, in partnership with the Louisiana Restaurant Association. Zapp.Guru is currently waiving its fee, and restaurants do not need to be LRA members to sign up.
“We encourage all restaurants in Louisiana to take advantage of this free resource in these unprecedented times,” said Stan Harris, LRA President and CEO in a press release. “We also hope customers will use the site to order from their favorite restaurants and even find new gems in their towns and neighborhoods.”
- Canseco’s Market, South Carrollton Avenue and Oak Street
504-766-0972, Open Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Neighbors report the market is open and well-stocked (though it ran out of toilet paper on its first day).
- Crescent City Farmer’s Market, Broadway St.
Closed until further notice, starting 3/19. Click here to buy directly from vendors. [via press release]
- Bello & Cambre, Civil Law Notaries, 1500 Prytania St.
Available from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and by appointment.
- Parcels & Post, 5208 Magazine St., 504-891-8402
Open weekdays, 1-6 p.m.
If you own a business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on this list.