Sep 202018
 

A 16-year-old girl died Tuesday from gunshot wounds she suffered during a shooting earlier this month at Conrad Park in Hollygrove, and investigators have arrested two juveniles suspects on murder charges, New Orleans police said.

Selicia Nabor, 16, was pronounced dead Tuesday, Sept. 18, of gunshot wounds, following the Sept. 9 shooting at the park at Hamilton and Edinburgh streets, said a spokesman for Orleans Parish Coroner Dwight McKenna. Nabor had been shot in the head after gunfire broke out around 8 p.m., and an adult male victim was shot in the leg and arm, police said at the time.

On Tuesday, investigators arrested two teen boys, one 15 years old and the other 16, on charges of aggravated battery by shooting. After Nabor died later that day, the charges against the two teens were upgraded to second-degree murder, police said.

“The shooting on Hamilton was a tragic incident, that has now claimed the precious life of yet another teenager and irreparably scarred the lives of many others; her family in particular, who my heart goes out to,” said Mayor LaToya Cantrell in a news release. “I applaud our NOPD officers for their swift action and relentless focus on solving acts of gang violence, and I look forward to seeing justice done. This violence in our community is unacceptable and it cannot be tolerated.

“We will push for stronger results and redouble our commitment to taking on violent crime as a public health matter, and dedicate all our resources to curing the problem.”

Anyone with information is urged to call the NOPD Homicide Division at 504-658-5300 to speak to Detective Barrett Morton, or CrimeStoppers at 822-1111 to leave an anonymous tip that could be eligible for a cash reward.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.