Solar-powered ovens, generators, phone charging stations and other appliances will be on display Saturday (June 21) at Whole Foods Market Arabella Station during the store’s third annual celebration of National Solar Day.
The celebration is free and open to the community, and runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Whole Foods Market Arabella (5600 Magazine Street). For more information, see the news release from Whole Foods Market.
For National Solar Day, the Whole Foods Market Arabella Station store will host its third annual celebration with the following vendors:
- Alliance for Affordable Energy
- Global Green
- Green Light New Orleans
- Joule Energy
- Solar Alternatives
- South Coast Solar
- Solar oven using SunOven, which reaches 350 degrees and can cook almost any meal in a couple of hours with clean free energy
- Solar generator that can power most electronics and small appliances, recharging throughout the day and lasting a few hours after dark on battery power
- Solar power education for attic fans, hot water heaters, generators and more
- Cell phone charging station
- Cooking demos using solar power