Since 1926, Raintree has been enriching the lives of children and families in the Greater New Orleans Area. Raintree is a nationally accredited organization; our mission is to provide an array of services to vulnerable persons in our community, encouraging hope and creating opportunities for independent lives.
Raintree Family Foster Care offers therapeutic and private foster care for children between the ages of birth to 17, who have been severely abused, abandoned or determined to be in need of supervisor.
Therapeutic foster care requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of college/formal education or 4 years of experience in specialized field/parenting
- Live in Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Charles, Jefferson, or St. John Parish
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Participate in family assessment interview, plus pre-service and in-service training
- Have no more than 4 dependents
There are more than 4,000 children in Louisiana who need a place to call home. Click here to learn how you can change a life: http://www.raintreeservices.org/index.php/programs/become_a_foster_parent
Raintree Family Care | 504-899-9045 | www.raintreeservices.org