The 2014 New Orleans Home & Garden Show is giving away free tickets to the show this weekend. Check out the latest in home technology, enjoy locally-made wine, get free expert advice, and see what our 250+ exhibitors have to offer.
When you make it to the dome, be sure to check these out:
- Interior Design Showcase – Browse the latest trends in our Designer rooms. Meet the designers and get a free consultation. Shop in our Artists Alley for phenomenal local artwork of all kinds. See and buy the latest in locally produced fabrics or stay for a seminar on this year’s trends in design.
- Builder on the Clock – Local experts from the Home Builders Association of GNO will be on hand to answer any questions and help to resolve any perplexing building issues you may have. It’s your chance to talk to an expert and get a limited time consultation on your next building project.
- Solar Treasure Hunt – Sader Power, the largest Solar power installer in Louisiana brings you an opportunity to have some fun, win some fantastic prizes and learn how solar works and how truly affordable it can be. Pick up a card of questions at the Sader Power booth, then look for the Solar Stations throughout the show to get the answers. Turn in your card as you exit and you’ll be registered to win some incredible prizes including an iPad!
Chef Stage; fueled by local ingredients – Come sample the creations of local Chefs paired with the culinary students from New Orleans Center for Creative Arts. Meet the Master Chefs and the future chefs of New Orleans. Taste and learn why local is better!
- New Shotgun from The St Bernard Project – The award-winning non profit, spearheading Katrina recovery in St. Bernard Parish, is bringing their latest design to life at the Show. Come see the ‘new’ shotgun home, built on-site inside the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The home will later be transported to an area of need, and made ready for a local family.
- Urban Gardening – If you live in the city, it’s easy to see that unconventional green spaces are the newest trend in eco-friendly building. Rooftop and balcony gardens can make the most of urban sunlight. Urban gardening gives those with a green thumb access to fresh foods while lowering their grocery bill in a time of rising food costs. Come check out local and national experts from Dr. Earth, Vintage Garden Farms and NOCCA who have easy solutions to turn even the most cosmopolitan space into an urban farm.
- Wine Room & Wine Pairings – Sip some wine in our old world wine cellar built inside of the Superdome. New Orleans own “locally grown“ vintner James Moises with Moises Vineyards will be appearing to discuss how to match the perfect wine with the perfect locally grown meal all the while relaxing in re-purposed wine barrel furniture handcrafted by southern craftsmen.
- Technology Experience – The latest in home technology will be on display at throughout the show. Talk with local experts who can help you create sustainable, intelligent environments in your home. From a simple programmable thermostat to controlling your whole house with your smart phone, our tech experts help homeowners achieve savings in energy, time and cost, all while enhancing safety.
Uptown Messenger readers get the chance to win two tickets for the weekend! The first three readers to leave a comment with their full name and email address will receive two free tickets. If you’re not a lucky winner, you can follow this link for a $5 off coupon to the Show!
For more information, visit us at http://neworleanshomeshows.