The marathon begins at 7 a.m. Sunday on Poydras Street in the Central Business District, and the first eight miles of both the full and half marathons proceed up St. Charles Avenue to Audubon Park and back. The course then proceeds up to City Park via Esplanade and ends at the lakefront, according to the event website.
Entertainment scheduled along St. Charles Avenue is as follows:
- Melpomene stage: 7:05 a.m. to 10:20 a.m., Imaginary Frenz (70s, 80s and 90s covers) and Runaway Train (Rock)
- 2020 St. Charles: 7:05 a.m. to 10:20 a.m., The 19th Street Red Blues Band (Blues and R&B)
- Conery Street stage (between Sixth and Washington): 7:05 a.m. to 10:05 a.m., Kinfolk Brass Band and Storyville Stompers Brass Band
- Antonine/Amelia Street stage: 7:10 a.m. to 9:55 p.m., Acadien Cajun Band (Cajun/Zydeco) and The Last Straws (NW Jazz)
- Octavia Street stage: 7:15 a.m. to 9:35 a.m., Green Wave Brass Band