For details, see the announcement below from ReNEW Schools:
For the over 3,200 ReNEW students across the city, college is on their minds. The students set their sights on earning college diplomas by participating in end-of-year college-focused field studies sponsored by ReNEW. The goal of the field studies is to expand the students’ scope of opportunities post-graduation. On college visits across the country, students will partake in admissions sessions, meet with financial aid officers, tour dorm rooms, and grasp firsthand that college is more than an idea; rather it is a real, tangible opportunity for the future.
Understanding that the majority of ReNEW’s students have never traveled outside the city of New Orleans, these field studies grant a tremendous opportunity for students to have a truly extraordinary learning experience. This year, ReNEW is hosting its 2nd annual Future Takes Flight fundraiser to benefit these college visits and field studies. This event will be held in the auditorium of ReNEW Cultural Arts Academy (3128 Constance Street) on October 4, 2013 from 7:00-10:00pm.
This year’s event highlights include:
- Handcrafted Cocktails and Spirits by Grey Goose vodka, Bombay Sapphire, Dewar’s and Bacardi, and beer provided by Abita
- Live music by Jayna Morgan & the Sazerac Sunrise Jazz Band, played on the Blue Dog Steinway painted by George Rodrigue
- More than $12,000 worth of exciting items for silent auction
- Commissioned, one-of-a-kind artwork from Terrance Osborne, Richard Thomas, Jerome Ford and other internationally acclaimed artists
- Over 12 stationed restaurants, providing small bites and samples of city favorites