merge with the Milan Focus Group and to create a security district for additional police patrols.Newly elected City Councilwoman LaToya Cantrell will meet with members of the Freret Neighbors United group tonight (Tuesday, Jan. 8), as members consider two separate proposals to
For details, see the meeting announcement below:
The next Neighbors United General Meeting is on Tuesday, Jan. 8th at Samuel J. Green Charter School from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM. On tap for tomorrow’s meeting is:
- Meet your Councilperson! LaToya Cantrell will be there taking questions and asking about neighborhood infrastructure priorities.
- The Freret Security District Evaluation Group will be presenting some of their findings.
- Last chance for merger vote questions. Remember voting ends Tuesday at midnight.
- Point of clarification on the merger vote: Milan Focus Group and the Milan Neighborhood Association are two completely unrelated entities with different boundaries and missions. The proposal on the table is between Neighbors United and the Milan Focus Group only.
- NEIGHBORS UNITED is on FACEBOOK! Punch in “Freret – Milan Neighbors United” and hit the “like” button.