Members of the Faubourg Delachaise Neighborhood Association will hear from the four candidates for the District B seat on the City Council at their quarterly meeting tonight, as well as discuss the new accelerated high school at the Bauduit campus and new businesses in the neighborhood.
The Faubourg Delachaise association represents the area between Peniston Street and Louisiana Avenue, from Magazine to Tchoupitoulas. Meeting details are below:
Just a reminder about our quarterly meeting on Tuesday, September 18, at Mary Youngblood’s house at 3447 Constance, from 6 to 8 pm. It will be a potluck dinner. Please bring a dish to share and a beverage of your choice. FDNA will supply the plate, utensils, cups, and napkins.
We have a full agenda for the meeting.
1. Four candidates for the District B City Council seat will be at the meeting: LeToya Cantrell, Marlon Horton, Dana Kaplan, and Eric Strachan. They will have a chance to make a brief speech (2-3 minutes) and take a few questions.
2. Vasy McCoy, a principal at the ReNew Accelerated High School, now located in Bauduit School, will speak about the program at the school and answer your questions.
3. Kisha Sanders of the Baggage Boutique will chat about her new store on Tchoupitoulous.
4. Chrsity Hackenberg, former president of FDNA, will explain her new pet care business. http://petitpetcare.com/
5. A update on the status of Lyons Center and plans for Superbowl Saturday Day of Service.
6. Other business.