The annual meeting tonight of one of Central City’s nonprofit redevelopers will celebrate the neighborhood’s recent past by honoring the work of its founding board members, while unveiling its own reinvention for the future.
Details on the “Stories in Harmony” event tonight, via its news release:
NONDC Annual Meeting to Honor Neighborhood Development Pioneers, Reveal New Brand
Stories in Harmony also to celebrate the cultural and historical significance of Central City
The New Orleans Neighborhood Development Collaborative (NONDC) will honor a who’s who list of neighborhood development pioneers as it celebrates Stories in Harmony, its 2012 Annual Meeting. The event will reflect on the non-profit’s founding; discuss its 2011 accomplishments; and turn an eye to the future with the reveal of a new brand and the announcement of key initiatives to be launched in the coming year.
The evening will kick-off with the unveiling of a signature work by notable artist Shakor. The piece pays tribute to the historical and cultural significance of Central City New Orleans, the area in which NONDC focuses its work.
The organization will then salute founding and former members of its board of directors, including:
- Lauren Anderson, Neighborhood Housing Services of New Orleans
- Jinx C. Broussard, The Manship School of Communications, LSU
- Joan Coulter, The Reily Companies
- Kathy Laborde, Gulf Coast Housing Partnership
- Ellen Lee, Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Diana M. Lewis
- Mtumishi St. Julien, Finance Authority of New Orleans
- Glenis M. Scott, Sr., Youth Empowerment Project
- Vincent Sylvain, Sylvain Solutions
- Marion Taylor, First Evangelist Housing and Community Development
- Former City Councilman Oliver Thomas, Jr.
- Gary E. Williams, Hope Community Credit Union
An opening reception will feature the Miles Berry Quintet, alumni of the New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts (NOCCA). Rounding out the line-up will be performances by the Ashé Cultural Arts Center’s community dance group Sistahs Making a Change and the Golden Voices Community Choir of St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church. This event is free and open to the public.
Who: New Orleans Neighborhood Development Collaborative
What: Stories in Harmony – 2012 Annual Meeting
When: Tuesday, May 22, 2012
5:30 p.m – Reception
6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Annual Meeting
Where: Ashé Cultural Arts Center
1712 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard
New Orleans, LA 70113
Note: Stream live tweets using #harmonynola.