Two Uptown neighborhood associations and a charter school board are all scheduled to have their monthly meetings on Thursday.
The ReNEW Charter Management Organization board – which oversees Batiste Cultural Arts Academy at Live Oak and SciTech Academy at Laurel, both in the Irish Channel – will meet Thursday afternoon. That evening, the Irish Channel and Carrollton-Riverbend neighborhood associations are scheduled to have their May monthly meetings.
For further details and links to these and other events, see our full calendar listings below.
- Weekly book sale at Latter Library. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Latter Library, 5120 St Charles.
- NOPD Second District weekly COMSTAT meeting (covering Uptown neighborhoods from Louisiana Avenue to Jefferson Parish). 1 p.m., Children’s Hospital, 200 Henry Clay.
- City Council Recovery Committee – agenda includes an update on river levels. 2 p.m., City Council chambers, 1300 Perdido St.
- John Sayles discusses and signs “A Moment in the Sun.” 6 p.m., Octavia Books, 513 Octavia Street.
- Historic District Landmarks Commission. Proposed demolitions (available with photos of properties from Preservation Resource Center) includes two-story home at 833 Jackson in the Irish Channel. 9:30 a.m., City Council chamber, 1300 Perdido Street, 1st Floor.
- The NOPD Sixth District weekly COMSTAT meeting (covering the Irish Channel, Garden District and Central City). 2 p.m., Sixth District station, 1930 Martin Luther King Blvd.
- ReNEW schools board meeting. 4 p.m., 1470 Urania Street.
- Irish Channel Neighborhood Association. 7 p.m., 819 First Street (Irish Channel Christian Fellowship).
- Carrollton-Riverbend Neighborhood Association. Possible topics for the Carrollton-Riverbend meeting include the Kaboom playground project at Palmer Park, a proposed coffee shop on Carrollton Avenue and a possible restaurant at Dante and Oak, said association president Jerry Speir. 7 p.m., Squeal Barbecue, 8400 Oak.