A number of ongoing development projects and proposals in the Lower Garden District will be the subject of a Monday night meeting of the Coliseum Square Association.
Neighborhood residents will hear about the status of the proposed temporary campus of the Audubon Charter School, the architect’s office and condo development planned for 1476 Magazine and a bed and breakfast proposed for 1431 Constance, according to the meeting agenda. The YMCA of Greater New Orleans will also make a presentation on its plans, and residents will hear about the city’s new Office of Neighborhood Engagement.
A number of other cultural events are planned for the next two days around Uptown New Orleans. For details and links, see our full calendar listings below.
- Neighborhood Conservation District Committee agenda includes properties on Third, Audubon, Louisiana, Loyola, Milan, Tchoupitoulas, Toledano, Washington, streets, among others. 2 p.m., City Council chamber, 1300 Perdido Street, 1st Floor.
- Taize at Trinity Episcopal Church (weekly). 6 p.m., 1329 Jackson Avenue.
- Toastmaster’s Club 234 weekly meeting. 6 p.m., Latter Library, 5210 St Charles.
- Coliseum Square Association. Agenda includes updates on proposals for 1476 Magazine and 1431 Constance, and a presentation by the YMCA of Greater New Orleans. 6:30 p.m., Bridge Lounge, 1201 Magazine Street.
- Crescent City Farmers’ Market (Uptown). 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (weekly), Tulane Square, corner of Leake and Broadway.
- Story Time at Latter Library. 10:30 a.m., Latter Library, 5120 St Charles
- New Parenting Group. 10:30 a.m. (weekly), Uptown Parenting Center, 938 Calhoun St.
- Hollygrove Farmers Market. 12-6 p.m., 8301 Olive Street
- NOPD Second District NONPACC community meeting. 7 p.m., Touro Hospital second floor meeting rooms
- United States Air Force Band and Singing Sergeants. 7:30 p.m., Loyola University’s Roussel Hall in the Communications/Music Complex (free).